Monday, May 16, 2011

seeking and seeing the Light in a world of darkness

Do you remember the words of Martin Luther as he lay
on his deathbed? Between groans he preached, 'These
pains and troubles here are like the type that printers
set. When we look at them, we see them backwards, and
they seem to make no sense and have no meaning. But
up there, when the Lord God prints out our life to
come, we will find they make splendid reading. 'Yet
we do not have to wait until then. The apostle Paul,
walking the deck of a ship on a raging sea, encouraged
the frightened sailors, 'Be of good cheer.' (Acts 27:22)
(King James Version)
Paul, Martin Luther, and the dear black woman were all
human sunflowers, seeking and seeing the Light in a
world of darkness." (William C. Garnett)
(Taken from Streams In The Desert - L. B. Cowman

No comments:

Post a Comment

My age

January 13,2023 64 yrs old. My Birthday is the Friday the 13!And-the first breath I take, the opening of my eyes, I feel I received a gift ...