Monday, July 25, 2011

RENTER

We have rental property (Duplex) in Corpus Christ. and one of renters decided that she could live there for free a couple of months. She did not pay the rent and I called to ask her if she was going to pay or move out, so I asked her to move along if she was not sending the money , will guess what she told me she said that she had rights and she was not going to pay and she will move out when she is ready!!!!!!! I wanted to scream !!!!! WHAT THE &*%$^%&*(*^& I told her I was going to to get her evicted and she said go ahead she had rights ,,,So I went to see the Justice of the Peace in Calallen 6/6/11 and yea she had rights, I had to pay $106.00 (eviction filing fee and a service fee for a constable to put a letter on the door of the duplex) and the set up a court date and for them to send her a letter about her eviction and the court date which was set up for 6/30/11 (24 days later). So I arrived at the court house and sure enough she did not show up, and she was still living at the duplex.. now she had 5 days to leave the property which meant that she had until July 5 because of the Holiday to live there with out paying. And to top things off I could not go and check the property because she could call the police and call it harassment. OK so I waited patiently until the 6 of July to go and check things out praying that she left, with my surprise she had left some furniture in the house and left the washer connection on so I had about 1" of water in the dining room. So I had to go back to the court house and pay $165.00 so the Constable to put another sign that she now had 24 hours to get her things out. Now I am PUSHED and talking *&^%^&$^$*&#@ this is bull shit,,, OK so again I waited so I called the constable office to make sure that they posted the sign July 6, NO they told me because they were so behind and that they will post it on Friday July 8, which meant that now she had till July 11 to get all her things out. I still could not go to the duplex until July 13. On July 13 we met with the Constable to remove her items from the duplex and all the stuff, mattress,baby bed, junk all had to be placed on the curb for 24 hours before we could put in the trash, because she still had another 24 hours to pick up her stuff from the curb. As soon as the Constable left the duplex people were picking up the stuff off the curb. So finally after a long process it over and now the fun begins with the clean up ....

No comments:

Post a Comment

My age

January 13,2023 64 yrs old. My Birthday is the Friday the 13!And-the first breath I take, the opening of my eyes, I feel I received a gift ...