Thursday, November 10, 2016

Grieve alone

 Grieve alone. We may have suffered traumatic events that made it impossible for us to have normal emotional functioning. Not only are we then left with unresolved feelings about the losses of parents, siblings, grandchild,  

Many of us suffered the loss of a loved one in a way that was traumatic, or unexpected.

Ive suffered several losses in a short period of time and the mourning process is much more difficult.

I've  suffered for years from depression, patterns of compulsive behavior after the deaths. The depression started after my mothers death and continue and has made it impossible for me to grieve losses .

I continue to tell myself  Whats wrong with you? Why cant you snap out of it and get on with your life? -, Dont grieve.  As we listen to others struggle with their grief, we see that we are not alone. We can begin to identify the factors that cause us to suffer unresolved grief.

 It is normal to suffer pain after a severe loss, but think about suicide is not an option

 

 At the time of the loss, was I told by others, or did I tell myself, to not grieve, or to grieve alone?

 

Original Art -SOLD



No comments:

Post a Comment

My age

January 13,2023 64 yrs old. My Birthday is the Friday the 13!And-the first breath I take, the opening of my eyes, I feel I received a gift ...